11 March 2013

Benefit Fake Up Event.


Friday the 8th March saw the #FakeUp event for Benefits brand new concealer. I couldn't believe it when i saw the email in my inbox i knew i had to attend. I went along with Sam and met up with Rachel and Dan.




The venue the event was held in was a stunning hotel in Leeds city centre called Malmaisson. It was absolutely stunning. Not long after arriving we were greeted with champagne and had a mingle with some other bloggers.

Obviously be being the socially awkward child i am, just sat in the corner and didn't really speak to anyone. I did see a few familiar faces from other events tho and did speak to a lovely blogger called Jade.

 Leading the event was Lisa Potter-Dixon. She is the head Make-Up and Trend Artist and Brow Expert for Benefit.
The event was mainly showing us their new concealer Fake Up. This products comes in 3 shades; Light, Medium and Dark. We were kindly given all three to go home with and try out for ourselves. Obviously i would never be able to wear the darkest shade but we were taught a clever little trick. Use it as a contour. I know Sam has tried this out and really likes it. I'm not really one for contouring i find it pretty scary but i will keep trying at it. One day i hope to master it. The concealer is a hydrating crease-control concealer. It is nothing like anything on the market at the moment as the concealer is in the middle of a hydrating balm filled with Vitamin E and Apple seed extract. I will be posting a full review soon.
Some other bloggers were lucky enough to come away with some other amazing goodies after answering questions and we were all also given Hello Flawless powder.

Overall the event was amazing. I had a fabulous time and got to try out some potentially amazing products. I cant wait for another.









2 comments:

  1. Ooooh looks amazing - wish I had been <3 benefit!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt really good to be invited to an invite only event didn't it!? I have tried the concealer today and Love it as a contour but am undecided as to whether I like it under my eyes or not... It was so lovely to see you at the event hun!

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete